Review of SUE for Municipalities (Dec 9, 2020)
This publication of the ASCE Utility Engineering and Survey Institute is a must read for any municipality, government agency or consultant looking to procure SUE services. The publication was written by two legends in the SUE world, Jim Anspach and Paul Scott.
Key items in the publication include:
- Scope of Work Language
- Criteria for Selecting SUE Providers
Below is a sneak peek at the table of contents.
- CHAPTER 1: SUBSURFACE UTILITY ENGINEERING
- CHAPTER 2: EFFECTIVE USE OF SUBSURFACE UTILITY ENGINEERING
- CHAPTER 3: BENEFITS OF SUBSURFACE UTILITY ENGINEERING
- CHAPTER 4: FUTURE OF SUBSURFACE UTILITY ENGINEERING
- CHAPTER 5: PREQUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR SUE CONSULTANTS
- CHAPTER 6: SAMPLE SCOPE OF WORK AND COMPENSATION METHODS FOR UNDERGROUND INFRASTRUCTURE MAPPING
I would highly recommend anyone that uses SUE read this publication. You can download your own version from the ASCE website here.