My name is Lawrence Arcand, founder of 4Sight, and I have been helping to lead and develop the Utility Engineering industry for over 20 years.
I have a strong belief in giving back to the industry that helped mold my career. I think that all professionals should serve their industry as a way to not only give back, but to also enrich their own careers. Here is a list of the ways I have given back over the years.
- Current Chair - Transportation Association of Canada - Public Utilities Management Sub-committee
- Current Vice Chair - CSA S250 - Mapping of Underground Utility Infrastructure re-write committee
- Original Co-Founder of the Ontario Chapter - Utility Engineering and Survey Institute of ASCE
- Original Co-Chair - Ontario Right of Way Association
- Current Board of Governors – ASCE Utility Engineering and Survey Institute (UESI)
- Current Executive Member – UESI – Utility Risk Management Division
- Current Member of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) - Utilities Committee
- Current Member of the ASCE 38 re-write committee
I have worked on a number of high profile projects across Canada and the USA over my career. The experiences and knowledge gained from those projects can be used on your next project. Here are some key projects:
- Utility Director on the SUE Investigation for the Lakeshore West RER
- Utility Lead on the Finch West LRT - Technical Advisors Role
- Utility Director on the Hamilton LRT - Technical Advisors Role
- Utility Director on the Hurontario LRT - Technical Advisors and then Owners Engineer Role.
- Utility Lead on the Waterloo LRT - Project Co Side
- Utility Director on the Gordie Howe Bridge - Project Co
4Sight Utility Engineers is on exciting adventure, one that I know will mean providing a valuable services to clients across Canada and North America. I hope that you join me on the ride!